Nanlina

Equipment can be purchased for in game cash

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of chen chen 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of chen
    chen
    Participant

I mean that is great. I hope it ends up on all platforms. And they are doing so without the advantages (console sales) which timed-exclusive launches are used for.It’s possible, but my experience with FFXIV informs me that PC players constitute the huge bulk of the western playerbase, and on account of the PS4 userbase being substantially larger than the Xbox userbase that gen, I think that large majority will be PSO2 Meseta even more in favor of PC for Phantasy Star Online 2 (in regards to Xbox One/PC split).

I agree, which is the reason why I am worried the wellbeing of Phantasy Star Online 2 at launch is going to be poor, because it is a Xbox One exclusive. Until we get a PC release, it might be many months following Xbox release. The PC launch is able to revitalize Phantasy Star Online 2 enough to keep it alive, assuming as I imagine it the Xbox launch is as dead. Maybe Ido not understand Xbox userbase sufficient and’m being too pessimistic, but I don’t watch Phantasy Star Online 2 with multiple thousand users months after launch, on US Xbox.

If you are itching to play with it, there’s absolutely no reason to not go play it right now and get the enthusiast dictionary. You wont get banned for logging in from somewhere that is not Japan so you don’t require a VPN. The translation covers most up everything to chapter 4 so that you dont have to know any Japanese. Phantasy Star Online 2 is in a good place right now and it is enjoyable although it’s not at all like the original PSO (thats a good thing for the most part). It is free, so you have nothing. Just dont get too invested since you won’t be able to transfer advancement to the NA version.

Some things need 12+ individuals to conquer, but a very large chunk (possibly the majority) can be performed. Grantedwe only ever played Super Hard, rather than the Ultra Hard mode (all quests have difficulty alternatives, so technically if you want to solo things you could just play everything on simple lol). In terms of grind, I really don’t understand the way the western release is at this time, but PSO2 is rather in the Sunset stage. Just a couple more years of service. Therefore, they’re boosting the hell from players, passing out millions of EXP and Meseta (money). Equipment can be purchased for in game cash, or you can complete missions for certifications which give high end gear to you.

It’s definitely grindy, and your definition of”solo friendly” depends upon your definition of solo. You’ll automatically be paired with randoms (unless you created a password protected multiparty), so while many quests will require 4-12 people, you don’t have to actually provide those 4-12 players. That said if you are not joining a group you’re doing it cheap Phantasy Star Online 2 Meseta wrong, and will be punished for it since there are lots of rewards and bonuses that have handed out to being on a team.

• Author
      Profile photo of chen
      chen
      Participant

I mean that is great. I hope it ends up on all platforms. And they are doing so without the advantages (console sales) which timed-exclusive launches are used for.It’s possible, but my experience with FFXIV informs me that PC players constitute the huge bulk of the western playerbase, and on account of the PS4 userbase being substantially larger than the Xbox userbase that gen, I think that large majority will be PSO2 Meseta even more in favor of PC for Phantasy Star Online 2 (in regards to Xbox One/PC split).

I agree, which is the reason why I am worried the wellbeing of Phantasy Star Online 2 at launch is going to be poor, because it is a Xbox One exclusive. Until we get a PC release, it might be many months following Xbox release. The PC launch is able to revitalize Phantasy Star Online 2 enough to keep it alive, assuming as I imagine it the Xbox launch is as dead. Maybe Ido not understand Xbox userbase sufficient and’m being too pessimistic, but I don’t watch Phantasy Star Online 2 with multiple thousand users months after launch, on US Xbox.

If you are itching to play with it, there’s absolutely no reason to not go play it right now and get the enthusiast dictionary. You wont get banned for logging in from somewhere that is not Japan so you don’t require a VPN. The translation covers most up everything to chapter 4 so that you dont have to know any Japanese. Phantasy Star Online 2 is in a good place right now and it is enjoyable although it’s not at all like the original PSO (thats a good thing for the most part). It is free, so you have nothing. Just dont get too invested since you won’t be able to transfer advancement to the NA version.

Some things need 12+ individuals to conquer, but a very large chunk (possibly the majority) can be performed. Grantedwe only ever played Super Hard, rather than the Ultra Hard mode (all quests have difficulty alternatives, so technically if you want to solo things you could just play everything on simple lol). In terms of grind, I really don’t understand the way the western release is at this time, but PSO2 is rather in the Sunset stage. Just a couple more years of service. Therefore, they’re boosting the hell from players, passing out millions of EXP and Meseta (money). Equipment can be purchased for in game cash, or you can complete missions for certifications which give high end gear to you.

It’s definitely grindy, and your definition of”solo friendly” depends upon your definition of solo. You’ll automatically be paired with randoms (unless you created a password protected multiparty), so while many quests will require 4-12 people, you don’t have to actually provide those 4-12 players. That said if you are not joining a group you’re doing it cheap Phantasy Star Online 2 Meseta wrong, and will be punished for it since there are lots of rewards and bonuses that have handed out to being on a team.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.