Basic introduction form characteristics of light steel structure warehouses:
1. Adopting a light roof can not only reduce the size of beams and columns, but also reduce the foundation.
2. In a multi-span building, it can be made into a large double-slope roof with a ridge, creating conditions for the drainage of long slopes. The middle column can reduce the span of the beam, thereby reducing the cost. The middle column adopts the upper and lower hinged swing column made of steel pipe, which takes up a small space.
3. The lateral rigidity of the steel frame is ensured by the support of the purlin, eliminating the need for longitudinal rigid components and reducing the width of the flange.
4. The steel frame can adopt variable cross-section, and the cross-section is proportional to the bending moment; when the cross-section is variable, the height and thickness of the web and the width of the flange can be changed according to the needs to make the best use of the material.
5. The web of the steel frame can be designed according to the effective width, that is, part of the web is allowed to lose stability and its strength after buckling can be used.
6. The vertical load is usually the designed control load, but when the wind load is large or the house is high, the effect of the wind load should not be ignored. In the portal frame with light roof, the seismic effect generally does not have a controlling effect.
7. The support can be made lighter. Connect it to the web directly or with a horizontal gusset plate. Tensioned round steel can be used.
8. The structural components can all be made in the factory, with a high degree of industrialization. The component units can be divided according to the transportation conditions, and the units are connected by bolts on the spot, which is convenient and fast to install, and the amount of civil construction is small.
To learn more about light steel applications, please contact us: light gauge steel.