When you have Canon Printer Error Code 5400, the printer Canon flashes orange/green 6 times. This means there is an abnormal internal temperature.
Solution 1 ( from Canon support):
- Cancel printing and power of the device.
- Power on the device.
- If the problem persists, contact the Service Center.
- Remove cartridges.
- Remove the printhead.
- Power off and unplug the printer for an hour.
- Plugin and switch on the printer.
- Install the printhead and cartridges.
- A part is defective, it could be:
- The carriage unit
- The mainboard
- The printhead