After the 1990s, with the development of printing technology, the emergence of new process methods, and the widespread use of computer technology in the printing industry, consumer demand for printed products tended to be personalized, timely, small batches, and fast. Revolutionary changes have taken place in the printing industry. The printing process has developed from analog to fully digital. The traditional process methods have gradually differentiated into an updated printing process method—digital printing and computer-to-plate.
Features of digital printing:
1. Good file compatibility and easy operation. Digital printing can accept the output printing of computer files and first edit and process general documents and images on the computer and then output and print them. Moreover, digital printing does not have high requirements for files, and can accept various format files that many advertising company designers like to use, and it is more convenient and faster for remote data information reception and processing, which fully reflects the speed of digital printing .
2. The process flow is greatly simplified to meet the customer’s delivery time faster. After digital printing receives the computer file that the customer is satisfied with, it can be printed directly through a fast file; it can also be directly separated into a four-color film through the electrical sub-system, and then printed on a printing plate with a common printing machine after printing. Compared with the traditional printing process, digital printing greatly saves time and reduces some production costs. The printed matter, which can only be delivered within three or four days, can be delivered within a few hours.
3. Personalized printing, the quantity is arbitrary, and can be printed or modified at any time. The personalization of digital printing is particularly obvious. For example, a partial image of a printed matter needs to be replaced with pictures. In digital printing, only the pictures need to be replaced directly. In addition, it can be printed directly after the revision, without the need to re-output electrical slicing, re-proofing, and printing like traditional printing, and there is no material loss.
4. It can print on both sides at the same time. The software and hardware RIP of the color digital printing system can complete double-sided printing, and it can also combine two different computer files into front and back sides to complete double-sided printing at one time, and the size of the graphics and text on both sides is the same, and the alignment is accurate.
5. Multi-page support system. Color digital printing is equipped with large-capacity memory to support multiple colors. It can be printed one by one in the order of page numbers, which is convenient for binding.
6. Simplified process is suitable for short-run fast color printing. The process simplification of the digital printing system is more suitable for the current development trend of the printing industry, with the characteristics of small batch, individualization, and speed.
If you want to know more related knowledge, welcome to contact us: digital creasing machine.