While using an AOL mail login account, it is very much important we keep our security and safety intact so that there are no traces of your account being hacked by the users. In order to maintain privacy and protect your account with suspected spam messages, there is a need to consider AOL mail protection, and with this software, the messages are automatically filtered. However, if you are still getting overwhelmed by an unwanted spam message, then you can easily customize the privacy options.
Note: It is advised that do not interact with spam messages, any message could be dangerous.
How AOL works to block Spam invasion?
- AOL mail login blocks most of the span before it hits the inbox.
- It never tells you the email address of anyone that includes spammers.
- There are additional ways coming up to reduce the spam on the account.
- If you are concerned about account security then you can change the password immediately.
- Remember using the “This is spam” option in your email can help you to learn what emails are coming from spammers.
- If the spam messages are visible in the Spam folder, then it clearly means that the filters are working and the messages are going to the correct recipient.
How to mark a spam mail in an AOL Mail login account?
Before we discuss the steps, you need to remember that once you have marked the email as spam, all the messages that will come will go directly to the spam folder.
- First of all, go to the AOL mail login webpage.
- Select the spam message.
- After this, tap on the “Spam” button from the top of the page.
Point to remember: If make mistake and accidentally mark a mail as spam, then tap on the “Not Spam” icon on the Spam folder.
How to create a filter with AOL mail?
Remember, marking a file or email with malicious content as Spam is one of the best ways to make sure that you do not receive any further emails from that particular account. However, there is a need to create a filter in order to block these suspected files. It is important to acknowledge that if you create a filter to block the subscription, you can add the senders to block the list. Just follow the steps given below to create a filter with AOL mail:
- Tap on the “Options | Mail Settings” under the “Username” tab.
- After this, click on the Block Senders tab.
- Now, enter the user’s credentials that you wish to block.
- Tap on the “+” icon.
- After this, tap on the “Save settings” option.
- In order to remove the address from the spam filter, go to the address and tap on the “X” button.
How to block images in emails?
- Tap on the Options | Mail Settings, under the username.
- After this, tap on the “General” window, if it is not there.
- Select the “Hide images in the mail from unknown senders” option from the “Reading” window.
- Tap on the “Save settings” option.
How to block all the senders excluding contacts?
- Click on the “Options | Mail Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Block Senders” tab.
- Now, you have to select the box besides the “Only accept mail from people in your contacts” option.
- After this, tap on the “Save Settings” option.
We hope that through this article you will get the guidance to protect AOL mail from spam invasion. However, if you are still left with queries to discuss, then it is suggested to visit the official website and get assistance for the same. It is important to understand, the AOL mail login interface is a known platform that needs to be set aside from virus or spam with malicious content so that it can run smoothly on your device.