Our devices are the storehouse of all the essential data whether it is related to our work or our personal life. But, when we leave our devices without using any protection over them, it is vulnerable to attacks and eventually, you will lose all the data that you have stored on it. And, this can be further used by the scammers to carry out the evil task. Thus, to avoid becoming a victim of such an attack, most users prefer using an antivirus solution like Trend Micro Internet Security.
In case you are already having this antivirus on your Windows device and you are facing errors or the system is telling you to update the antivirus, then you must update it as quickly as possible. There are two methods through which you can do so and these are listed below in detail.
Why update Trend Micro HouseCall?
Although the HouseCall Security is set to be updated automatically, therefore you do not need to download these updates. However, if due to some reason the antivirus fails to update on its own, then you need to update it manually. The manual instructions for the same are listed below.
Methods to update Trend Micro HouseCall
Via System Tray
- Navigate to the bottom-right corner of your desktop.
- Locate the red-colored icon of your antivirus.
- Right-click on it after finding it.
- Then, tap on ‘Check for Program Updates.’
- Now, you will see the ‘About your desktop’ page.
- The software will now search for the available updates.
- If an update is available, download and install it.
- Once it is installed, close the window.
Via the main console
- Open the main console on your device.
- Double-click on the icon of Trend Micro HouseCall on your desktop or system tray.
- Then, tap on the ‘Profile’ icon to open the ‘About the Software’ page.
- Now, the software will search for updates.
- The available updates will be installed.
- Select ‘Close’ when you are done.
This is how you can update the HouseCall antivirus on your device for uninterrupted protection. If you do not update this security software, it will not be able to perform the security scan on your device and you won’t be able to get rid of those harmful threats or viruses.