Dell is the next industrial revolution that is committed to working towards advancing human existence. This top-notch brand believes in delivering the best technological solutions to its customers at cost-effective prices. Printers are advantageous for household usages and business purposes. However, some technical errors are unavoidable and annoying at the same time. Well, some common errors occur in every printer after some time. And, these errors can be rectified within a limited period.
Reasons That Cause Dell Printer Offline:-
There are several possible causes for your ‘Dell Printer Offline’ message such as the computer software being updated, a connection issue between the hardware of the printer and PC (including cables or Wi-Fi hardware), the printer may need firmware updates, or the printer driver on the PC needs an update.
However, the most common reason for this issue, and the one I’m going to focus on fixing in this article is the issue caused by a miss communication between the PC, Wireless router, and printer through its WIFI connection that causes the i.p address to change. This issue has 3 possible causes or a combination of all:
- The computer is turning off the wireless adapter to save power.
- The Firewall/antivirus software is causing the communication error.
- Network information is missing in the printer settings / incorrect i.p address.
Method to Fix Dell Printer Offline:-
Fix 1 Configuration of Printer:-
- Firstly, navigate the printers and devices in the control panel on your computer.
- Now, click on the printer tab and, then right-click on the properties/printer properties tab.
- Press the “PORTS” tab.
- Now, in the ports Window, you will be able to see the current IP address.
- Afterward, copy and paste the exact IP address into the browser address bar.
- Now, the settings menu for the printer screen will get automatically open.
- Then, you have to click on the connectivity or Network option from thereon.
- After that, the status of the IP address will be visible. Then, change the option to static rather than manual or automatic.
- There’s a suggestion for the manual IP address and change it to manual.
- Click on the save option and, then apply.
Fix 2 Printing Status:-
Sometimes, the auto-updated printer driver can change the settings of the printer without any notification. Therefore, it is important to check the printer status. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the printing status:
- First of all, turn off your Dell printer and secondly, turn it on again.
- Then, press the Window key + I simultaneously.
- Now, click on the devices option.
- In the devices option, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- After that, click on the icon with the green mark and select the “See What’s Printing” option.
- Now, click on the “Set as Default Printer” option if there’s no green mark on that icon.
- Again right-click on Set as the default printer and click on the option “See what’s printing.”
- Then, click on the printer tab in the left corner.
- Remove the ticks from the next option “Pause Printing” and “Use Printer Offline.”
- Lastly, check if the Dell offline printer issue is disappeared or not.
Fix 3 Printer Spooler Service:-
If the printer spooler service isn’t working well, in such cases printer can cause problems. Thus, it’s important to check if it’s running perfectly or not. Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the printer spooler service.
- Press Windows logo key + R altogether on the keyboard.
- Now, type “services. MSC” and click on the enter button.
- Then, locate the “Printer Spooler” item from the list and check the status if it’s running or not.
- If you can’t see the status, then right-click on the printer spooler service and press the start button.
- There’s another option for the proper running of the printer spooler service i.e. restart the printer spooler service by right-clicking on the printer spooler service option and press the restart button.
- Finally, close the properties window and check if the Dell printer offline issue disappeared or not.
I hope this will online your dell printer instantly.